World Ice Carousel Association
1. Objective. The Association encourages to build Ice Carousels and have fun during winter, also at the same time informing about challenges, technology and ice mechanics. Building ice carousels is exciting and dangerous!
2. The Ice Carousel Festival is arranged yearly with the City of Lohja.
- Largest Ice carousel
1. ICEBUSTERS, Sinclair, Maine, U.S.A., 130,15 meters (current Trophy holder)
2. Janne Käpylehto, Lohja, diameter 122 meters
3. Chuck Zwilling, Little Falls Minnesota, 112 meters
4. Janne Käpylehto + Kyro Distillery, Lohja, 100 meters
5. Team in Estonia/Tartu, 60,4 meters
6. Janne Käpylehto + Wohls Gård, Kirkkonummi, 57 meters
- Fastest Ice carousel
1. Janne Käpylehto, Helsinki
2. Dudesons/beyong the press
- First Ice Hockey game on top of an Ice Carousel
Janne Käpylehto with Save pond hockey(President of Finland playing)
- Thickest Ice Carousel
1. ICEBUSTERS, Sinclair, Maine, U.S.A., 130,15 meters
2. Janne Käpylehto with Kemi Lumilinna, Kemi, Finland
- First triple ice carousel(two carousel inside one larger),
4. Instructions on documenting a records
If applying for the record for largest carousel, the following is needed:
- Diameters needs to be measured 3 times from different angles – lowest value applies
- The Ice carousel needs to do at least one, continuous rotation. Document the rotation using photos or video.
- Aerial photograph, where the full ice carousel is visible.
- 2 witness interviews
- an official statement from a land surveyor.
Ice Carousel Association will confirm the record.